Sports Concussion Test
The Carolina Sports Concussion Program is the first in the Charlotte region. The program is a division of Carolina Neurosurgery & Spine Associates. Our experienced medical staff offers resources dedicated specifically to assessing and managing sports-related concussions. This program aims to accurately diagnose concussions in athletes ten and older and determine when and if they can safely return to sports.
Baseline Sports Concussion Test
If you or your child play sports, a baseline sports concussion test must be taken at the beginning of the athletic season. This simple test can be completed online. Once this baseline test is completed, results will be stored in our records. If you have a head injury or think you have a concussion after taking the test, make an appointment with the Carolina Sports Concussion Program within 2-3 days. We will repeat the ImPACT test at the clinic and compare the results with your baseline test results. This will help us manage your recovery from the concussion and guide your return to play.
We can interpret test results for ages ten and up. Younger children should not take the test. Adult assistance may be needed for those ages 10 to 17 to start the test, but there should be no direct supervision or interaction once the test begins.
Before you begin:
- Write down C87B28EB45 (you will need this code to access the test)
- Choose a testing environment that is quiet and free of distractions.
- Be sure that you have at least 30 minutes to take the test.
- Do not use a laptop computer unless you have an external mouse (touchpad controllers will not work).
- Remember that we will use this test to help treat you if you get a concussion, so take the test seriously and try your best.
- This is a difficult test; do not be discouraged by incorrect answers – continue to give your best effort.
- You will need the Adobe Flash Player Plug-in to take the test. If you do not have this free plug-in, please click here.
- Please confirm your internet connection before taking the ImPACT Test.
Take The Test
If you have an Access Code, enter it in the input box below to be directed to the online baseline test. If you do not have an access code, you can purchase a one-time baseline test via the PayPal link on this page.