Carolina Neurosurgery & Spine Associates, established in 1940, is now the largest and one of the most highly respected neurosurgical private practices in the nation. The medical group provides brain and spine care services, including adult and pediatric neurosurgery, spine surgery, physiatry, neurology, pain management, and physical therapy. They offer advanced surgical and non-surgical treatment for the entire spectrum of brain, spine, and peripheral nerve disorders, including brain tumors, spine deformities and injuries, stroke, epilepsy, congenital anomalies, concussions, neck and lower back pain, and pituitary tumors.
Throughout the group’s history, its commitment to advancing the science and delivery of brain and spine care has remained the driving force for its success. The group comprises 48 physicians, 40 advanced practice providers, and over 550 employees. With ten office locations, the group plays a primary role in bringing the latest, technologically advanced neurosurgical therapies to adults and children across the Carolinas.
Our mission is to provide compassionate quality care -together!
Our vision is to be the leading independent provider of innovative, high quality brain & spine care.
We are a proud member of the SpineFirst
Atrium Health and Carolina NeuroSurgery & Spine Associates – two nationally recognized leaders in the field of spine care – have established a premier partnership to provide a single source of access to spinal expertise, excellent outcomes, and innovative treatments
With office locations in Ballantyne, Charlotte, Concord, Gastonia, Greensboro, High Point, Huntersville, Kernersville, Matthews, and Rock Hill, SC, Carolina Neurosurgery & Spine Associates plays a major role in bringing the latest, technologically advanced, neurosurgical therapies to adults and children across the Carolinas.
If surgery is necessary, our surgeons have privileges at:
Atrium Health's Carolinas Medical Center
Atrium Health Mercy
Atrium Health Pineville
Atrium Health University City
Atrium Health Union West
Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist
Atrium Health Cabarrus
CaroMont Regional Medical Center
Piedmont Medical Center Fort Mill
Piedmont Medical Center Rock Hill
Carolina Center For Specialty Surgery
Greensboro Specialty Surgery Center
Lake Norman Regional Medical Center
Moses Cone Hospital
Practice Facts & Firsts
Carolina Neurosurgery & Spine Associates is proud to be a part of many neurosurgical “firsts” for this region. Here’s a list of facts and firsts that will continue to grow as we seek to expand the field of neurosurgery:
- Our neurosurgeons serve as the faculty for the Neurological Surgery Residency Program at Atrium Health's Carolinas Medical Center.
- Our practice was one of the first in the Southeast to perform surgery on giant cerebral aneurysms under circulatory arrest, and to perform stereotactic procedures for patients with movement disorders.
- We are the leader in minimally invasive spine techniques such as cervical microendoscopic discectomy (MED), which was developed by one of our neurosurgeons.
- Our practice performs more cervical and lumbar MED procedures than any other practice in the country.
- One of our neurosurgeons was the first in the Carolinas to use an artificial disc to successfully treat degenerative disc disease (ruptured disc).
- Surgeons from around the world come to our practice to train in advanced spinal techniques.