Andrew Sumich, MD
- Physical Medicine (Physiatrist)
- Non-Operative Treatment of Spine Conditions
- Interventional Treatment of Spine Conditions
At Carolina NeuroSurgery & Spine Associates, Dr. Andrew Sumich specializes in physiatry with a special interest in non-operative and interventional treatment of spine conditions. As a clinician, Dr. Sumich enjoys and prioritizes listening to his patients and involving them in their treatment decisions. He always encourages patients to be an active participant in their care.
For Dr. Sumich, working at Carolina NeuroSurgery & Associates means being part of a team-based approach to patient care that includes high-quality physicians, nurses, and staff.
When he’s not providing care for patients, Dr. Sumich spends his time with his wife, two children, and dog. A New Orleans native, Dr. Sumich roots for the Saints.
- Fellowship - Interventional Spine and Musculoskeletal Medicine, Orthopaedic Specialists of the Carolinas
- Residency - Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Charlotte Institute of Rehabilitation
- Internship - Internal Medicine, Louisiana State University Health Science Center - New Orleans
- Medical School - Louisiana State University School of Medicine - New Orleans
- Undergraduate - Texas Christian University
Affiliations & Memberships
- American Academy of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- North American Spine Society
- Spine Intervention Society
- North Carolina Medical Society
- Mecklenburg County Medical Society, Board of Directors 2016 - 2022
Episode 9 - Worth a Shot? Spinal Injections with Andrew Sumich
We are thrilled to announce 19 exceptional doctors who have been recognized as Charlotte Magazine "Top Doctors." Join us in celebrating the expertise and dedication of these exceptional physicians. They have consistently demonstrated their commitment to providing the highest standard of care and have impacted the lives of countless patients.Read More
Frank was referred to Carolina NeuroSurgery & Spine Associates five years ago by his chiropractor due to recurrent lower back pain and stiffness. Seeking relief, he met with physiatrist Andrew Sumich, MD, who would ultimately play a significant role in his healthcare journey.Read More